Where the last week went.

Let’s see here. Monday we….cleaned? Tony worked across the street as he now does from 4-6pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.  I don’t know what else Monday involved. Probably a lot of dealing with PCC, TBCC, and the likes.

Tuesday my mom and grandma came down! They actually spent a lot of time working really hard; weeding, doing yardwork, and chippping most everything in sight. My mom brought the trailor down (to bring the chipper and co. back) so we have happily found a bit more room and when my nana and grandpa move they will have a trundle bed to put in their extra room. Now, if we were just to get on getting rid of the bonus day bed and queen that remain. Then Ali would have an honest-to-God bedroom!

Wednesday was more working outside, a walking tour of Rockaway that was cut short as the air grew cold and damp. Before they left town we all went to dinner at The Mazatlan, a mexican restaurant north of us. Ali was the most well behaved she has ever been when we’ve gone out (and, really, we haven’t gone out much) so the whole thing was quite a treat.

Thursday is also kind of a blur. I think we just kind of hung around the house. I watched a lot of TV gearing up for the future when I figure I won’t have the time. Oh yes, and I waited impatiently for Miss Adriah Michelle to grace us with her presence. That’s right. I spent the day on pins and needles, unable to concentrate on much of anything except refraining from bugging Cynthia while in labor and all.

Friday we spent the morning getting ready to leave at naptime (trying to work all/most travel around the new routine from now on). Which worked out well as, when my mom was here, we decided that on our way to town we’d "swing by" Newberg to pick Trista up from George Fox for her first weekend home. Swing by being a relative turn because, while on the way, there is no good way to get there from here, so it’s kind of indirect. Anyway, Trista’s last class got out at 1:30pm, so it wouldn’t have don’t much good for us to leave much before noon anyway.

Ali testing random doors in Trista’s dorm.

In the half hour from Newberg to Gladstone.

One guess who gave her a bag of Cheetos.

Also on Friday we visited my grandparents on last time before they move into their new apartment. Ali was in a pretty good mood, inventing some hanger sorting game that entertained more than just her. Friday night Jordan and Becky came over for dinner. If my dad hadn’t been at work than we’d have had the entire family together but, nonetheless, all four siblings were there for the first time since we all reside in different cities. Also, sidenote, one of the cutest things I’ve seen in a looooooong time (except maybe Adriah which is coming up) was Trista and Alyssa running to hug each other. I don’t think they knew how hard it’d be to be apart. Friday night we all (well, the girls, Tony and I, my mom and, when he got back from work at 8pm(!), my dad) watched Baby Mama which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Saturday we headed to the PCC Sylvanis Campus in the morning (Ali slept TERRIBLE the night before, crying in her sleep most of the night so we got up a little late and were all tired) to get one of my books. We were happy to find it used and therefore $66 instead of $88. The night before Tony and my dad ordered my other two from Amazon because that’s where they were cheapest. My dad buys a lot from the site and gets free shipping so we had him do. Except he pushed a wrong button and accidently shipped it to their house versus ours so I’ll have to wait a couple more days. Either way, I should have all my necessary books by next week which is quite a relief. Especially to the tune of $175 instead of almost $300!

After picking up the book we walked around the very impressive campus, which Ali really, really, enjoyed. I think Tony took a few pics but they’re on his phone so I’ll have to get them later. Then we went back "home" for Ali to have a her snack-nap-lunch triple whammy andwait to hear that Cynthia was home, settled, and ready to be decended upon.

It didn’t happen. Poor them, Adriah was born Thursday morning and they didn’t get home until late Saturday evening because the discharge was soooooooo slow. We amused ourselves though, going to Value Village (oh, how I miss having one near) and Blockbuster to get two previously viewed movie for FREE because of some surveys Tony took online. We got Dora videos.

Then, after Ali went to bed, Tony and I ventured out to have a quiet, not-frenzied, relaxing trip to Target. It was great. First, because we so rarely get to go to any stores beside Fred Meyer and, second, because we never, NEVER get to go out just the two of us. And third because, now that Ali walks, she wants to always walk. Which is not always possible and rarely appropriate. So it’s complicated things a bit.

Ali waving bye-bye everytime someone leaves the room.

You can’t really see them but I finally got to buy Ali some legwarmers at Target. i LOVE them. They are super cute, were really cheap, seem warm, and are AMAZINGLY easy when chaging a diaper. I need them in every color ASAP!

This morning Ali woke up really early, like pre-6am. But, she slept better last night so it was ok. Also, I went upstairs and fell back asleep on the couch while Tony dealt with her. So even more ok! We ate breakfast, packed everything up, and were off to Cynthia’s by 10am.

I am still in shock over how tiny Adriah was. I cannot believe, or even fathom, that Ali was that small. We feel so lucky to have seen the newest addition sor early on in life and one more CONGRATULATIONS to the beloved Edge family.

From there we came straight home (timing it to naptime again), watched some of the red carpet Emmy pre-show and are headed down now to catch the ceremony. Since we had satellite, we get cable channels on the East Coast time, so there was three hours between the end of the pre-show and the actualy Emmys. Usually obnoxious but today agood thing. Leaves me time for absurdly long and in-depth posts like this one.

Something I fear I may not find/make time for in the immediate future.

6 thoughts on “Where the last week went.

  1. Reporter, good reporting!

    After seeing three sets of pics I still can’t really tell what Adriah looks like! Probably because at this point she has changed drastically in the little bits of time between everyone seeing her. Anyway, thanks for the pics, I am SO JEALOUS I’m the only one now who hasn’t seen her!

    How did Ali like visiting Adriah? I like the pic of Ali “touching” her. Haha.

  2. You should also try half.com and barnesandnoble.com. That’s where I’ve gotten alot of my books for really cheap. I got my chemistry book for thirty dollars used and at the bookstore they wanted around 100!

  3. To Karlin-

    Ali was okay with her, but really only paid attention when we drew it to the baby. She was much to busy exploring Shayla’s extensive toy collection and attempting to ransack her bedroom 🙂

  4. Karlin, I’m so impressed.

    1) Two(!) posts under your actual name, None under Anonymous
    2) Excellent Swiper reference

    We ended up getting Ashley’s three books for 170ish instead of the 300 the bookstore(s) wanted. Half.com was okay, but the used books on Amazon were the best deals. Turns out one of them wasn’t actually “Newest edition required” or even “required”, which she found out on day one of class, but those are the breaks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.