I think I’m developing ADD. Mostly because there just seem to be SO MUCH going on. Though a lot of it is in the distant to not-so-distant future a lot of thinking, deciding, and planning needs to occur in the present. There’s much to be done and now I feel the need to blog about it (versus DO it?). The next year[s] will be crazy for us.
- I’m currently going to school. As any regular should know. So I have 12 credits worth of work going on right now.
- I’m graduating from PCC in the spring and have had to line my ducks all up for that recently.
- Next fall I hope to attend Portland State University. Which involves SO many things. At the moment: applying (done), filling out endless scholarship apps (getting there), applying to the BSW program I hope to get into, making sure I take classes that will transfer over well and satisfy as many lower level requirements as possible. A lot of administrative stuff.
- And, further in the future: filling out a FAFSA pretty much on New Year’s Day, MOVING hopefully between winter and spring terms so I can take some on-campus classes my last term at PCC.
- Moving and all that that entails.
- We are getting married in July! And that is quickly approaching. Currently working on "save the date" cards, looking at venues next week when we’re in portland for Thanksgiving, trying to come up with some sort of guest list. Gah.
- The holidays are oh-so-quickly approaching. We blessed to be able to do some of our shopping early this year. Or at least consider it! Last year times were very tough for us.
- I recently started working out again. Which is great, makes me feel good about myself, gives me energy, etc. But that is yet another thing to add to the list of time-taker-uppers. And to feel guilty about when it doesn’t get done.
- Due to a cold/daylight’s savings time Ali shaved nearly and hour and a half off of her normal sleep time. Which means significantly less time available to do: schoolwork, kind of cleaning, exercise, BLOGGING, relaxing, and SLEEP. I think the lack of adequate sleep time (which, for me is 7.5 to 8 hours for sure I don’t do well with less and especially not for a few nights in a row) has been probably the biggest component to my feeling overly stressed and worn out/down.
- Just everyday things like dishes and cleaning have been seeming never-ending and insurmountable.
- Maybe this isn’t so much? I don’t know, but it’s frazzling me. Too many variables and outcomes dependent upon other outcomes. I hope to have some answers in the next couple of months so we will have a clearer direction.
Stress aside, this is a very VERY exciting time. The next year is going to be challenging and I don’t see it get easier after that. I’ll be in school (the Bachelors of Social Work provides the opportunity to get a Master’s in one year versus two) for quite awhile and somewhere in the mix is a sibling for Ali. Which, btw, I cannot believe it’s already something we have to think about! It’s a bit much.
So that’s it. Rather new-sy eh?