Pregnancy 101

Thursday night we made our first trip to Everett’s Pregnancy Resource Center. Though our seven-part birthing series begins next week, it was recommended we begin with this class. Despite the fact that we’ve pretty much figured out what to expect when you’re expecting! The class was small. There were two girls there younger than I am, one due in late October and the other, late November. Both were with their mothers so Tony was the only boy. He did a great job vocalizing, not only the male perspective, but the perspective of a good male. The kind I’m sure those girls are gonna wish they were lucky enough to have around!

The class was pretty fun but the best part was some of the baby necessities we’re going to get out of it. For each class a couple recieves fifteen "Baby Bucks." After eight weeks we will have accumulated $120. The "money" can be redeemed for a multitude of items, donated by area churches and past participants. And you get your "money’s" worth. A crib is $50. Outfits are $5 or less. They have changing tables, strollers, carseats. Tony and I was on cloud nine finding all this out. I’m resting much easier because of some of the stuff we’ve recently acquired and the knowledge that we can soon get more. As obnoxious as some of the hoops I’ve had to jump through for public assistance have been, I’m very greatful for all the resources made known/available to us.

Thursday and Friday were SO NICE! Thursday afternoon I got to sit out in the sunshine and do some of my reading for school. Friday I had a looooong day of Crisis Intervention. Afterwards I came home to Tony mowing the lawn. We went and got slurpees and then bar-b-qued hot dogs and hamburgers. Saturday we braved Wal-mart and Costco….what a mistake! The day before Easter? It was craziness. Easter morning I was outside by nine thirty, drinking my tea and reading the paper. Tony came out and started doing some yardwork. The rest of the morning was spent with him digging out a dirt-filled pond in our backyard while I did my weeks reading. After awhile I got up and helped him. Or attempted. I tried to hack all the weeds/dandelions out with a metal rod because I didn’t want to do a lot of bending! We decided we’re going to plant a garden for the summer. Hopefully we’ll be able to grow some cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, beans, and/or peas.

Then we went to Old Navy to get a pair of gauchos I’ve had my eye on for awhile. I can’t wait for it a to get just a little warmer so I can banish constricting long pants for good. And anything without an elastic waistband while I’m at it! On the way to Tony’s Mom’s house for dinner we stopped at the locks. It’s a bit of a walk from the parking to where you can view this fish (actually it’s probably a short walk but that feels like a bit of one to me nowadays). It started sprinkling when we pulled in and was borderline pouring when we arrived at the viewing center. And there were no fish! I hated it but got over it and then we went on the Billie’s for a ham dinner. And mashed potatoes and asparagus. We watched The Pursuit of Happyness and Ali moved a lot but never when Billie could feel her.

We had a busy weekend (sunburns and all) and I fell asleep pretty early. Today it’s gray and cloudy and I just want the sun to come back!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.